- All marriage licenses are valid for
sixty (60) days from date of issue.
fees and hours of issuance for a marriage license may vary by county. In Pinellas County, the fee for a marriage license
is $ 93.50. Be sure to call them in advance to find out their hours.
- The officiant solemnizing the ceremony must sign & return the original marriage
license to the County Clerk's Office or the County Recorder as applicable, within ten (10) days of the
- You will receive
a FREE original certified copy of your marriage license after you have been married, from the court / office that issued
your license. This may take up to ten (10) days. You can also request and pay for "certified copies"
from the County Clerk or County Recorder as applicable, when you first apply for your license OR after the marriage, make
a written request for copies. We strongly recommend that you purchase AT LEAST 6 "certified copies."
You WILL need every one of them! They are only $ 2.50 each.
- CITIZENSHIP / RESIDENCY REQUIREMENTS: "none"
- NOTICE*** Only state &
county officials are authorized to issue marriage licenses, NOT officiants.
- Both parties must be present when
applying for a marriage license, sign the application form and take an oath to the truthfulness of the information provided.
Both parties MUST provide proof of the following:
- AGE: both parties must be at least 18 years of age.
- IDENTIFICATION: A driver's
license, state ID, military ID or a passport.
- TESTS: no blood, physical or written tests required.
- U.S. citizens must provide their
Social Security Number. Non-citizens may provide a Social Security Number or an Alien Registration Number issued by
the U. S. Immigration & Naturalization Service.
- WAITING PERIODS: 3 days for Florida residents. No waiting for
non - residents.
- An application form must be completed. If either party has been previously married, you must note on the application
when the marriage ended and the date.
- The following methods of payment are acceptable by County Clerks:
- Cash, Money Order, traveler's Check,
Personal Check (with name and address imprinted on check) and you must present a valid photo ID.
- A pre-recorded marriage license information line is available 24 hours a day at (727) 464-4700.
You may also speak to a clerk at that number Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- A marriage license may be obtained
Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., at any one of the following offices of The Clerk of the Circuit Court.
- CLEARWATER - RECORDING SERVICES DEPT.
- 315 Court
Street, Room 150
- Clearwater, Florida 33756
- ST. PETERSBURG BRANCH OFFICE
- 545 First Avenue North
Petersburg, Florida 33701 (727) 582-7771
- NORTH COUNTY BRANCH OFFICE
- 29582 U. S. Hwy. 19 North
- Clearwater, Florida 33761
TYRONE BRANCH OFFICE
- 1800 66th Street, North
- St. Petersburg, Florida 33710